Treadmill Reviews, Elliptical Trainer Reviews, Home Gym Reviews, and other fitness equipment reviews from an industry insider.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Top Rated Treadmills 2009 - Awards!

Top Rated Treadmills 2009
Hello,

Johnny here from the Treadmill Master blog. It’s getting really close to September and which means it’s time for my annual Top Rated Treadmills List for 2009. I publish this list in August, just ahead of the “busy” treadmill buying season that lasts from September to January.

Water cooler conversation about treadmill horror stories is inevitable at a treadmill shop that’s responsible for getting service techs out to fix defective treadmills. Back in late 2004 a water cooler conversation helped me figure out that we could save the company thousands of dollars per year if we reviewed statistics on repair frequency and repair costs and recommended the treadmills with the best repair history to our customers. It didn’t take much research to see a trend. Some treadmill manufacturers simply put out better equipment resulting in fewer returns and repair issues. My Top Treadmills 2009 List is a continuation of that tradition, only this time I’m making it available for EVERYONE, not just salesmen!

This is the real deal folks! A Top Treadmills List 2009 Edition from someone who studied product returns and repair issues for a living! I proudly present my Top Treadmills 2009!

Top Treadmills Under $500

Winner: Weslo Cadence C44 Treadmill – Top Rated Treadmill 2009
The Weslo Cadence C44 is the best treadmill I’ve seen in the under $500 category in all my years of pontificating treadmill reviews. I never thought Johnson Tech, the parent company of Horizon Fitness, Matrix Fitness, and Merit Treadmills would ever be beat in this price category…but Johnson Tech was beat! My main reasons for choosing the Weslo Cadence C44 Treadmill as my Top Treadmill 2009 pick are excellent comfort for the price and a more powerful motor than its competitors.



Runner Up: Merit 715T Treadmill – Top Rated Treadmill
The Merit 715T Treadmill is one of the best low cost treadmills out there and deserves a mention in my Top Treadmills 2009 List. The Merit 715T Treadmill has a very powerful motor considering the $380 price tag and sells for about a hundred bucks less than many of its closest competitor in terms of overall quality. The Merit 715T is equipped with an impressive amount of fitness programs too.


Top Treadmills Between $500 and $800
Winner: Horizon T91 Treadmill
There was never a doubt in my mind as to who would win this one. Horizon Fitness has always taken the top spot in the $500 - $800 price range for the past 3 years and Horizon Fitness shows no sign of weakness this year. The Horizon T91 Treadmill is the best cheap treadmill on the market for several reasons. First, the repair history is phenomenal! In my many years of selling treadmills I have yet to talk to a customer that wasn’t satisfied when they bought a Horizon T71, Horizon T81, or the Horizon T91 Treadmill. I can’t say the same for many other treadmills, even in the higher price ranges. Comfort is also superb. The running area is wide and spacious and Horizon Fitness has devoted many of its resources to developing a superior shock absorption system that makes running much easier on the body. The T91 Horizon Treadmill also picks up where many other treadmills don’t, fitness programs and speed. The T91 Horizon Treadmill can reach the incredibly fast speed of 10 MPH and is equipped with quality fitness programs that enable users to reach fitness goals faster. Bravo! Horizon Fitness. Your Horizon Treadmills are the best in the $600 - $800 price range!


Top Treadmills Between $800 and $1000
My top pick for treadmills between $800 and $1000 is the Smooth 5.45 Treadmill. To be perfectly honest, I have one primary reason for putting the Smooth 5.45 at the top of my list, comfort. You won't find anything more comfortable or stable in this price range. If you have a thousand bucks to spend and want the most you can possibly get for your money, go with the Smooth 5.45 Treadmill!

Click Now To Buy The Smooth 5.45 Folding Treadmill


No runner up for this category, just get the Smooth 5.45 Treadmill!

Top Treadmills Between $1000 and $1500

Sole F63 Treadmill – Top Rated Treadmill 2009
The Sole F63 Treadmill is the best treadmill you can get for less than $1500. It’s I ran on the Sole F63 Treadmill regularly for about a month and I can assure everyone this is the best treadmill you’ll find for $1500. It’s comfortable, stylish, and has plenty of fitness programs. The frame is incredibly stable, there is no shaking or rattling at higher speeds, and the treadmill belt is wide and spacious.


Runner Up: Bowflex Series 7 Treadmill – Top Rated Treadmill 2009
The Bowflex Series 7 does not quite measure up to the Sole F63 in terms of comfort, but it certainly matches or beats the Sole F63 Treadmill in every other category. It’s also about a $100 less. If you can, go with the Sole F63 Treadmill, if not, the Bowflex Series 7 Treadmill is an excellent, and cheaper alternative to the Sole F63 Treadmill.



Top Treadmills Between $1500 and $2000
Sole F83 Treadmill – Top Rated Treadmill 2009
If I were to choose any treadmill on the market without regard to price I would choose the Sole F83 Treadmill. I know from personal experience that the Sole F83 Treadmill is a tremendous piece of machinery! I had the pleasure of running on the Sole F83 Treadmill back at the fitness shop and I was always eager to let my higher end customers know about the Sole F83 Treadmill. It has a huge running area, and the shock absorption system is second to none. I would have the Sole F83 Treadmill in my own home if I could afford it! One day I will able to afford it!


Runner Up: Sole F85 Treadmill – Top Rated Treadmill 2009
The Sole F85 gets an honorable mention in my Top Treadmills List 2009 because it delivers the same comfort and quality craftsmanship of the Sole F83 Treadmill, but costs a little bit more.


That’s it for my Top Treadmills 2009 List. I encourage you to email me your picks at treadmillmaster@gmail.com or post something in the comments about your Top 2009 Treadmill Picks. I’m sure I’ll be updating this list in the lead-up to the busy treadmill season. Check back for updates as you do your research for YOUR top treadmill pick!

3 comments:

Womens Exercise said...

Geeezz.. for that money you can get a gym membership and workout with some weights and really get some results.

Don't be like most people and buy a treadmill to only have it sit after a week or so... get in the gym and get motivated to get some serious results.

You can do it!!!

Sorry for my little rant but it needs to be said.

Anonymous said...

Need information on deck materials. Manuals and most web sites won't tell us. Salespersons haven't a clue.

Anonymous said...

Johnny. If you were to choose between a Proform 670lt and a Horizon t91 or t101, which way would you go?