Treadmill Reviews, Elliptical Trainer Reviews, Home Gym Reviews, and other fitness equipment reviews from an industry insider.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

BodyCraft TR1140 Treadmill Review

BodyCraft TR1140 TreadmillHello Readers!

BodyCraft TR1140 Treadmill Review
BodyCraft TR1140 Treadmill Rating:
2.5 stars out of 5 for being outdone by several other treadmills in the same price range
Price: $1499.99
Click To Buy The BodyCraft TR1140 Treadmill


It looks like my day is finally winding down and I’ll soon be spending the night playing Smash Bros. Brawl and eating Cheese Danishes. Before I call it a day I wanted to talk about another treadmill under $1500. Today I bring you a review of the BodyCraft TR1140 or 1140 as some people are probably searching for it.

I remember going to Burger King a couple years ago and seeing tacos on the menu for the first time. I was aghast. Completely aghast. “What are tacos doing on a hamburger menu?” My world began to crumble as I thought of the other horrors that could befall my world like McDonald’s serving chicken teriyaki or donut shops selling Chinese food. That’s how I felt when I first saw BodyCraft making treadmills. BodyCraft makes some of my favorite strength equipment like the well designed BodyCraft Xpress Pro Home Gym, but I don’t think I want to run on one of their treadmills. I’ll try to put my bias aside for half an hour and give the BodyCraft TR1140 a fair chance.

I do want to praise BodyCraft for one thing, the 2 year labor and 5 year parts warranty. As I’ve said before, it’s rare to find that long a warranty in a treadmill under $1500. Aside from the stellar warranty, my praise for the BodyCraft TR1140 ends here.

The treadmill motor is weak, very weak in fact. Most treadmills in the $1500 price range include a 3 or greater horsepower motor. The BodyCraft TR1140 is built with a 2.25 HP motor. That is unacceptable for the amount of money BodyCraft is asking for. It’s like being asked to pay $10 for a Big Mac. It really is that bad!

Next, the programs are lacking. Sure, the BodyCraft TR1140 has heart rate control and ten programs to choose from. But that’s simply not enough! I would really like to see BodyCraft spend a couple extra bucks to put 15 fitness programs. I like diversity, and doing the same workouts over and over can get monotonous and boring.

I can only find it in me to complain about one more thing, comfort. The BodyCraft TR1140 is not comfortable. It feels more like a trampoline than a treadmill deck to me. I feel like I’m going to fly off the deck and hit the ceiling when I’m running on it! The BodyCraft TR1140 simply isn’t for me and I doubt you’ll be happy with it either!

If you’re searching for a better alternative check out my Bowflex Series 7 Treadmill Review or my Sole F80 Treadmill Review. They’re both excellent treadmills this price range and I think you’ll be far more likely to actually use them because they’re comfortable and feature packed.

No comments: