Treadmill Reviews, Elliptical Trainer Reviews, Home Gym Reviews, and other fitness equipment reviews from an industry insider.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Bowflex Motivator 2 Home Gym Review

Bowflex Motivator 2 Home Gym Review
Bowflex Motivator 2 Home Gym Rating:
4. stars out of 5 for lacking a power rod upgrade.
Price: $599
Click To Buy The Bowflex Motivator 2 Home Gym

My favorite basketball team is the Los Angeles Clippers. One of the saddest games I ever went to was Clippers vs. Lakers. I sat there helpless as I saw a Shaq and Kobe laden team trounce my precious Clippers. I knew when I bought the tickets the Clippers would lose and the Lakers would win. That is kind of how I feel when I review a Bowflex Home Gym, I know Bowflex is going to come out on top. So, with great enthusiasm I present the Bowflex Motivator 2 Home Gym.

The Bowflex Motivator 2 is most comparable to the Bowflex Xceed in price, but not in function. The Motivator 2 feels more like a mechanical weight bench than a home gym. The power rod resistance is smooth, not jerky so long as the user is working with a weight resistance he or she is physically capable of using. Setting a resistance rod home gym at the highest resistance level then complaining the motion is jerky is an unfair way to judge any power rod resistance system.

One of the things I really like about the Bowflex Motivator 2 is the folding design. It folds down to about 2’ x 3’, that’s impressively small! I don’t have too much space to spare in my home and I don’t have the cash to afford more living space so the folding design really makes the Bowflex Motivator 2 Home Gym an attractive piece of fitness equipment to keep in the home.

The Bowflex Motivator 2 Home Gym probably does rowing best out of all the Bowflex Home Gyms. The bench and mechanics of the Bowflex Motivator 2 Home Gym make rowing motion feel smooth and natural. Rowing is great for building muscles and cardiovascular workouts! Users can perform over 50 other exercises including chest press, leg curls, and leg extensions.

One of the most critical mistakes a home gym manufacturer makes is failing to include instructions. Most people who buy a home gym lack the knowledge to properly use their home gym, fail to get results, then stop using their equipment. Bowflex has included an excellent instructional guide with every Bowflex Motivator 2 Home Gym detailing how to perform each exercise and use each station.

My one complaint and the reason why the Bowflex Motivatror 2 Home Gym has been slightly marked down is resistance. Most other Bowflex Home Gyms can be upgraded with more intense resistance rods. This is not the case with the Bowflex Motivator 2 Gym. Just know there is no room to grow with the Bowflex Motivator 2 Home Gym.

No comments: