Treadmill Reviews, Elliptical Trainer Reviews, Home Gym Reviews, and other fitness equipment reviews from an industry insider.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Ironman Adventure Elliptical Trainer Review

Elliptical Trainer Review: Ironman Adventure Elliptical Trainer
Elliptical Trainer Rating:
Price: $699

Hello Readers,

It’s really hard writing treadmill reviews and elliptical reviews in the summer. There’s just so much I would rather be doing….like playing video games. Ah yes, 10 hours straight of Call of Duty on X-Box Live sounds awesome right now. Unfortunately for me, but good for you I’m a disciplined treadmill reviewer and I’m not leaving my chair until I have written my Ironman Adventure Elliptical Trainer Review.

The Ironman Adventure Elliptical sure does look like an adventure. A buddy of mine back at the treadmill shop used to joke about making a mech-warrior elliptical for arcade games where you pilot a robot by walking on an elliptical trainer. I still think it’s a great idea. Go ahead and take it anyone! The Ironman Adventure Elliptical Trainer looks like it would make a great Mechwarrior Elliptical!

All fun and jokes aside, the Ironman Adventure Elliptical Trainer is an excellent elliptical trainer on paper. It has a 21” stride length, pretty much unprecedented for an elliptical trainer under a $1000, let alone for retailing at $650. There’s also 16 resistance levels and if you’ve read more than a couple of my elliptical trainer reviews you’ll know by now that I’m impressed when I see anything over 12 resistance levels for elliptical trainers in the $600 - $1000 price range.

So, what’s the catch? Well, first off the programs are lacking. But that’s not really my main complaint. My main complaint is that Keys Fitness, the parent company of Ironman Fitness hasn’t been paying their bills and filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Unfortunately, I can’t recommend any treadmill no matter how good the motion is or how great the features are if the company is going bankrupt. I worked at a company that was going bankrupt once, and believe me, work ethic plummets immediately! So, unless you see this elliptical trainer for about $300, and that’s very unlikely, I would definitely stay away from it.

No comments: