Treadmill Reviews, Elliptical Trainer Reviews, Home Gym Reviews, and other fitness equipment reviews from an industry insider.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Stamina Cardio Performance Series EX 3.0 55-1900 Elliptical Trainer Review

Elliptical Trainer Review: Stamina 55-1900 Cardio Performance Series EX3.0 Caged Elliptical Trainer
Elliptical Trainer Rating: 3 stars out of 5 for unique features but lacking a decent warraty
Price: $699

Hello Readers,

Stamina Fitness is known for the lowest of the low end products. Stamina’s pilates products are actually pretty good and I always got a lot of good feedback from customers who bought the inversion tables. However, I’m a little skeptical when I see Stamina Fitness introduce a $700 elliptical trainer. It’s…well, it goes against everything I’ve ever thought about Stamina, I promise to try and leave my prejudice against Stamina Fitness behind during my Stamina Cardio Performance EX3.0 55-1900 Elliptlcal Trainer Review.

One thing I was extremely pleased to see was the amount of fitness programs. There are 15 programs on the Stamina Fitness EX 3.0 Elliptical Trainer to be exact. That’s simply incredible. Including that many fitness programs on an elliptical trainer tells me Stamina Fitness has put some thought and effort in to building this elliptical trainer. Maybe this elliptical trainer is not so bad after all?

Here’s another thing that impressed me about the Stamina Cardio Performance Series EX 3.0 Elliptical Trainer. This elliptical trainer is designed with an adjustable stride. The three stride settings are 17.5”, 19”, and 20”. I generally like to see longer stride lengths because longer stride lengths are generally more comfortable for the greater population. However, having the option to shrink or expand the stride length is a powerful feature and one I wish more elliptical manufacturers would develop and perfect. I can’t say the Stamina EX 3.0 Elliptical is going to be the most stable out there, you’re going to have to judge for yourself if the tradeoff in convenience and stability is worth being able to adjust your stride.

Well, it was seeming as though Stamina Fitness had hit a home run with the Stamina Cardio Performance Series EX 3.0 Elliptical Trainer until I came to the warranty. Stamina Fitness says it guarantees this product for as long as five years, but that’s more fluff than substance. The real truth is this elliptical is covered with a 90 parts warranty and that’s about it. If it breaks after 91 days you’re pretty much on your own. That means you got $700 riding on luck. Honestly, I would rather put $700 bucks down on all the hard-ways on a craps shoot because at least I have a shot at winning more than what I gambled and had fun doing it!

Overall, the Stamina Cardio Performance Series EX 3.0 Elliptical Trainer has some really cool features that I really would like to see in a lot more elliptical trainers in this price range. Truth is, it’s partially priced so low because the warranty is garbage. Fitness equipment manufacturers can sell things for a lot less money if they didn’t have to worry about things like returns, labor, an satisfied customers. I suggest you stay away, unless you find some of the unique features like the adjustable stride so compelling you just have to have it.

No comments: