Treadmill Reviews, Elliptical Trainer Reviews, Home Gym Reviews, and other fitness equipment reviews from an industry insider.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Bodyguard T240 Treadmill Review

Treadmill Review: Bodyguard T240 Treadmill
Treadmill Rating: 1 star out of 5 for being completely and utterly outclassed by just about every other treadmill in the $2000 price range
Price: $1999
Hello Readers,

I’m reeling from a The Hat binge. I just had about 2 lbs. of chili cheese fries and pastrami. It looks like I’ll be anchored to my computer chair for the next couple of hours while I digest my meal. I might as well work on some treadmill reviews. I’ve decided to write about the Bodyguard T240 Treadmill because it is built like how I feel….horrible. I’m sure the people at Bodyguard mean well, truth is they’ve just been outdone by a lot of other treadmill companies out there. I’ll explain why I feel this way.
One of the first things I look for is horsepower. The Bodyguard T240 Treadmill is equipped with a 2.75 HP motor. That’s a pretty powerful motor for a treadmill, but it’s not all that powerful when you consider other treadmills that retail for about two grand. If I were to pony up this kind of cash I would expect a 3.0 horsepower motor and nothing less, it’s not even unheard of to have a 3.5 horsepower motor. In fact, I’ll point out a treadmill with a 2.5 horsepower motor for $1999, the Sole F85 Treadmill.
Okay, so the Bodyguard T240 Treadmill isn’t the most powerful treadmill on the market right now. I’m still willing to give this treadmill a chance. It has a 20” x 57” running area. That’s huge right? WRONG! There are treadmills that retail for about $1000 with equal or greater running areas. Once again the Bodyguard T240 Treadmill seems to be behind the curve.
It’s really starting to feel like finishing up a complete review of the Bodyguard T240 Treadmill is going to be a waste of my time. That’s because it is. I don’t really see why I should spend time talking about how the Bodyguard T240 Treadmill has a lower speed range than other treadmills that retail for 2 grand, and a small, hard to read console. I could talk about the fact that I would prefer to pay a $20 monthly membership to 24hour fitness than use the Bodyguard T240 Treadmill. I really would say all that, but I’m not going to waste my time. I don’t even think I need a conclusion for this paragraph.


I put the Bodyguard T240 Treadmill and the Sole F85 side by side. Click on 'em both and see for yourself which treadmill you would rather buy.

No comments: