Treadmill Reviews, Elliptical Trainer Reviews, Home Gym Reviews, and other fitness equipment reviews from an industry insider.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sole F85 2009 Treadmill Review



Hello Readers,
Click Now To Read Sole Fitness F83 User Reviews
I thought I would get in a treadmill review before it gets too hot to run or write. Today I bring you a review of the Sole F85 Treadmill 2009. Sole Treadmills are generally among the upper strata of treadmills in terms of price and quality. How does the $2000 Sole F85 Treadmill rate among other high quality treadmills? Well, read on and find out!

First thing I want to point out is that the Sole F85 Treadmill is definitely a treadmill for runners. You can reach speeds up to 12 MPH! That’s incredibly fast. I can’t imagine being able to run at the top speed which works out to a mile every 5 minutes or a lap every 1 minute and 15 seconds. I think my best mile time ever was about 6:50 seconds back in my high school running days! Rest assured, if you’re a runner, you’ll not be wanting for more with the Sole F85 Treadmill.

One thing I see some of the shadier treadmill manufacturers get away with is putting a weak treadmill motor on a treadmill they’ll call “Top of the Line”. Pff, don’t be fooled. Always check the continuous duty horsepower rating to really know what you’re buying. The Sole F85 Treadmill has been designed with a 3.5 horsepower motor! That’s a lot of power and certainly plenty of juice to handle the weight of users as heavy as 400 lbs.

Another thing I like about the Sole F85 Treadmill is the wide variety of feedback available. I particularly enjoy the heart rate graph. It lets you know just how hard your heart is working so you can easily improve your workout with a few speed and incline adjustments. The console is well designed. There are one touch buttons for pseed and incline. Those buttons make it much easier to do things like slow down when you’re running too fast so you don’t fall down and embarrass yourself in front of some potential customers like I did!

Despite all the good there is still something I have to add to the “bad” column. There are eight fitness programs. That’s right. Eight. I really don’t understand what Sole was thinking. If I had 8 I would be able to shrug it off, but eight programs for a treadmill that costs $2000 is ridiculous. It feels almost as though Sole hiked up Mount Everest only to turn around 20 feet away from the summit because “I’ve put enough effort in.” Yeah, the lack of program options is definitely a problem for me.

Final Analysis

You’re probably not going to find a more comfortable treadmill for less than $2000. It’s a well designed treadmill built with quality parts. It’s backed by a 2 year parts and labor warranty so you know Sole feels confident enough in their own work to back it with their wallet. It’s great for walkers and runners alike. My only problem is lack of fitness programs. That overlook knocked down my rating of the Sole F85 Treadmill 2009 down to a 4/5 instead of a perfect 5/5!

No comments: