Treadmill Reviews, Elliptical Trainer Reviews, Home Gym Reviews, and other fitness equipment reviews from an industry insider.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Nautilus Sport Series T5.16 LEX Treadmill Review

Hello Readers,
I was going through my treadmill reviews and noticed I didn’t have anything up from Nautilus so I decided to write a review of the Nautilus Sport Series T5.16 LEX Treadmill. It’s name is a mouthful! This treadmill is one of the heavy hitters out there. Does the Nautilus Sport Series T5.16 LEX Treadmill hit one out of the park or does it land foul? Read the rest of my treadmill review to find out!

The Nautilus Sport Series T5.16 LEX Treadmill is built with a 3.0 continuous duty horsepower motor and that’s plenty of power for just about anyone. This treadmill is rated to withstand users as heavy as 375 lbs. While it does not have the highest user weight rating you’ll see in this price range the T5.16 Treadmill is well within the average range.

The Nautilus Sport Series T5.16 LEX Treadmill will accommodate just about any serious runner with an incline range of 0% - 15% to simulate hills. By the way, a 15% grade is steep, highway signs posted on hills with grades of 9% or more often have warnings against using air conditioning! If you’re looking to be faster the Nautilus Sport Series T5.16 LEX Treadmill can help you train at speeds up to 12 MPH. That’s really fast, fast enough that I probably couldn’t run at 12 MPH for more than a minute straight. I want to improve that….and I will, but still, 12 MPH is pretty darn fast.

For everything the Nautilus Sport Series T5.16 LEX Treadmill has going for it there is one major flaw. This treadmill is built with a 20” x 57” running area. Unfortunately, to someone like me who sold treadmills to people for a living for several years this just seems insulting. At the very least I should get a 20” x 60” running area for the $1600 price tag! Honestly, this is a well built treadmill, it just wasn’t built big enough. Try manufacturing your treadmills in Texas next time Nautilus.

One thing that really let me down is the running area. I’m used to seeing a 20” x 60” running area. There’s not much any company can do to make up for a treadmill deck that small when they’re charging $1650!

No comments: