Treadmill Reviews, Elliptical Trainer Reviews, Home Gym Reviews, and other fitness equipment reviews from an industry insider.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Smooth Fitness CE 7.4 Elliptical Trainer Review

Elliptical Trainer Review: Smooth Fitness CE 7.4 Elliptical Trainer
Elliptical Trainer Rating: 2.5 out of 5 because you can find a lot better elliptical trainers for a lot less money!
Price: $1999

Hello Readers,

Well, I know most of my treadmill reviews and elliptical reviews are mostly positive. It’s not because I’m trying to suck up to one company or another. NO! It’s because I really don’t like to spend time talking about elliptical trainers and treadmills that suck. I think my time is much better spent helping you all find elliptical trainers that are actually worth buying. But I always try to fit in a couple duds for good measure, at the very least you’ll know what to avoid when a commission hungry salesman tries to sell you the treadmill or elliptical with the highest price tag rather than trying to help you find fitness equipment that suits you best. Here is my Smooth Fitness CE 7.4 Elliptical Trainer.

First thing I’ll touch on is the stride length. You get plenty of stride length for your buck and stride length really isn’t the problem. In fact, most elliptical trainers come with 20” stride lengths, still many others in this price range utilize adjustable stride length systems that enable users to custom tailor the stride length to something that suits them best. Point is, 21” is good.

Here’s where all the problems start. The Smooth Fitness CE 7.4 Elliptical Trainer comes with 16 resistance levels. Sure, 16 sounds like a lot, but not when you compare it to other elliptical trainers in this price range and class. Honestly, I wouldn’t settle for anything less than 20 resistance levels if I’m shelling out two grand! Other treadmill manufacturers like Sole Fitness includes at least 20 resistance levels on elliptical trainers that cost several hundred dollars less. Smooth Fitness you can better!

What’s next on my list of complaints? Programs. The Smooth Fitness CE 7.4 Elliptical Trainer comes with 8 fitness programs. I’m sure that sounds like a lot if you’re the layperson, but not for someone like me who has been in the industry for many years now and spends his time researching and comparing fitness equipment on a daily basis. I know better. If someone asks you to pay more than a thousand bucks and the treadmill or elliptical trainer has less than 10 programs, you know you’re getting swindled! You can definitely do better!

My last complaint is against the warranty. If you buy a treadmill or elliptical trainer up to about $1500 it’s reasonable to expect a 1 year parts and labor warranty. That’s exactly what the Smooth Fitness CE7.4 Elliptical Trainer offers. The problem is, this elliptical trainer costs about 2k! I really do expect parts and labor to be covered for at least 2 whole years if I’m going to shell out this much cash for an elliptical trainer.

I’ll make my conclusion short. Don’t buy it. Yes, it’s comfortable, but it’s not much else. You can do better if you check out some of the Sole Treadimlls, Star Trac Treadmills, or Matrix Treadmills that are available for sell. Just do some research, I’m sure you’ll find something better than the Smooth Fitness CE 7.4 Elliptical Trainer.

No comments: