Treadmill Reviews, Elliptical Trainer Reviews, Home Gym Reviews, and other fitness equipment reviews from an industry insider.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Proform 675 Treadmill Review

Treadmill Review: Proform 675 Crosstrainer Treadmill
Treadmill Rating: 1 star out of five for sucking so bad I can hardly bring myself to review it
Price: $619

Hello Readers,
I can’t promise this is going to be a nice, detailed treadmill review. There’s a good reason, there’s not much to say about this treadmill aside from the fact that Horizon Fitness delivers a thousand times more treadmill for about $20 bucks less. If I’ve said it once I’ve said it a million times. I’m not here to help you find a mediocre treadmill, or a good treadmill, or even a great treadmill. I’m here to help you find the BEST treadmill for what you plan on spending! That’s exactly why I’m going to advise you take advantage of my 5 years in the fitness equipment industry and avoid the Proform 675 Crosstrainer Treadmill.

If I haven’t convinced you not to buy this treadmill yet, here’s some more food for thought. You get a 1.3 horsepower motor. That’s…well…I wouldn’t pay more than $400 bucks for a treadmill with a motor that weak. The Proform 675 Crosstrainer makes it look like Proform isn’t even trying! Geesh! In STARK contrast, the Horizon T91 Treadmill is equipped with a 2.0 horsepower motor and yes, that makes a huge difference in performance and longevity of your treadmill.

Next I want to talk about running area. I like a lot of space. I mean, a lot, like the wide open spaces of Middle America space. Space is why I would go with the Horizon T91 Treadmill before I would come anywhere near the Proform 675 Treadmill. The Proform has a 17” x 50” running compared to T91’s 20” x 50” running area. Yes, this makes a difference. Maybe if you’re under 5’5” that couple inches don’t mean all that much, but for most of the population you’re going to notice and be bugged by the difference!

My third complaint is warranty. If I’m going to invest $600 in a treadmill there is no reason I should pay for any defects that occur in the product for at least a year. Unfortunately, Proform has not seen fit to back the quality of this treadmill with it’s own money by including a decent warranty. I don’t know why, perhaps it is a well made treadmill and will withstand quite a bit of abuse, but if I were looking for at readmill I wouldn’t want tot ake that chance. As a matter of fact, I would be much more inclined to buy a treadmill like the Horizon T91 Treadmill that is backed by a 1 year parts AND labor warranty.

Finally, my last complaint is over price. The Proform 675 Treadmill is about $20 more than the Horizon T91 Treadmill. Really, it should be about 250 bucks less. You’re not really getting anything near the quality offered by the T91 and if you still insist on buying this treadmill, I hope it goes well for you. I have links to the Amazon.com product pages for both treadmills just below this sentence. You check them out and decide for yourself.

No comments: