Treadmill Reviews, Elliptical Trainer Reviews, Home Gym Reviews, and other fitness equipment reviews from an industry insider.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Diamondback Fitness 500EF Elliptical Trainer Review

Elliptical Trainer Review: Diamondback Fitness 500EF Elliptical Trainer
Elliptical Trainer Rating: 2 out of 5 for being outclassed by other low cost elliptical trainers.
Price: $449

Hello Readers,

It’s time to write my first review of a Diamondback Elliptical Trainer. These days anything “snake” reminds me of Oliva Munn’s brother who was bit by a copperhead snake and almost died! Oh no’s! (Yes, Olivia Munn is one of the nerdettes I cyber stalk, please just let me be.) Let’s jump right in to my elliptical trainer review shall we?

After pouring over the Diamondback 500EF Elliptical Trainer I have concluded I don’t like it and there’s a lot of reasons why I don’t. First of all there are no programs. Merit Treadmills are in the same price range and they offer at least few, however symbolic they are. I see no reason why Diamondback Fitness couldn’t pack in something. In my opinion the lack of fitness programs shows a lack of effort. I really would like to see fitness equipment that retails for under $600 show a tremendous amount of effort because it tells me they did everything within their power to deliver the most they possibly could while staying under budget. The lack of programs just makes the Diamondback 500EF Elliptical Trainer look contrived.

There are much better elliptical trainer options for less than $600. I suggest checking out the Merit 715E Elliptical Trainer. It has somewhat of a warranty, resistance levels, and a decent stride length. Ultimately the choice is yours, do your research and you’ll find something you want at a price you can afford.

No comments: