Treadmill Reviews, Elliptical Trainer Reviews, Home Gym Reviews, and other fitness equipment reviews from an industry insider.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Reader Email: Horizon T700 Questions and Mini Review

Hello!

I’ve had a very busy couple weeks ever since I put my phone number on the site. People have been calling in everyday to ask for advice on treadmills and elliptical trainers and it’s been fun and interesting to interact with my readers. I wanted to take some time to share an email exchange between me and one of my readers. Her name is Joyce and she was looking at the Horizon T700 Treadmill. The floor is all yours Joyce.

Dear Treadmill Master,

I found your blog and wondered if you knew anything about the Horizon T700 which is the treadmill I tried out at Dick's. I can't seem to find out anything about this model on the web. I'll be 62 next week I'm 5'1” and struggling to loose weight for my son's wedding in May. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. I use the treadmill mostly for walking interspersed with jogging when all my aches and pains allow it. I used to run but can't any more so I swim (have a 75 foot pool open from mid April to October) treadmill and exercise bike and use my free weights. I'm reluctant to buy a treadmill on the internet and especially reluctant to buy one I haven't tried out. Any help you can give me I would greatly appreciate.

Thanks loads
Joyce


Dear Joyce,

Please remember that these are my opinions, take everything with a grain of salt. That said, the Horizon T700 Treadmill is a Dick's Sporting Goods exclusive. Manufacturers will create a treadmill or elliptical trainer for a specific manufacturer so the retailer can say "if you find a better price we'll give you your money back" knowing full well they are the only ones carrying that specific treadmill or elliptical. If you're thinking of finding it cheaper somewhere else, it's probably used or stolen.

Next, the Horizon T700 is most comparable in price, specs, and features to the Horizon T72. The T82 and the T700 have the same maximum speed, incline, running area, horsepower, weight capacity, and warranty. The main differences are programs, shock absorption, and Etrak. The T82 has a few more programs, and if you don't find using the programs to be such a big deal, I would ignore this difference. If you walk, the shock absorption will not make a shred of difference. The Horizon T72 and T700 both possess well designed frames and shock absorption systems. But if you do jog or plan on jogging, then I would probably go with the Horizon T700.

Etrak is important enough to warrant its own paragraph because this is a very cool feature. Etrak stores a user's workout statistics and tracks time, distance, speed, calories, etc. It's a great feature for making sure you're putting in enough time to meet your weight and fitness goals.

If you have any other questions I'm glad to help out.

Sincerely,
The Treadmill Master
http://horizontreadmillreviews.blogspot.com

No comments: