Treadmill Reviews, Elliptical Trainer Reviews, Home Gym Reviews, and other fitness equipment reviews from an industry insider.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Horizon Fitness T84 Treadmill Review

Horizon Fitness T84 Treadmill ReviewHorizon T84 Treadmill Review
Horizon T84 Treadmill Rating:
4 Stars out of 5 for a good price, excellent shock and stable frame
Price: $1299
Click To Buy The Horizon Fitness T84 Treadmill

Horizon Fitness is definitely my favorite treadmill manufacturer for treadmills under a $1000. I like Horizon Treadmills because they’re very cheap considering features and performance and have a very strong defect track record. I think I serviced 3 or 4 Horizon Treadmills during my time working for an online fitness retailer after selling hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of Horizon Treadmills. That means less than 1% of all Horizon Fitness Treadmills we sold had problems. I wish I could say the same thing of all treadmill brands. (Some treadmill brands had service records of 20% or more!) I know the Horizon T84 Treadmill is reliable, but how does it compare in terms of features and specifications? Let’s take a close look at the Horizon T84 Treadmill and find out.

The Horizon T84 Treadmill retails for about $1299 and is the most expensive treadmill in Horizon’s lineup. It boasts a wide range of useful features including the AirCell deck cushioning system, orthopedic running belt, large 20” x 55” running area, 12% incline, a maximum running speed of 12 MPH, built in MP3 jack and speakers, and a wire.

Let’s cover the comfort factor. I’ve mentioned “the shakes” before. I’m proud to say that Horizon Fitness does not suffer from excessive shaking and rattling during workouts. It’s a bigger and more widespread problem than most people would think, probably because most people bought a poorly designed treadmill and they have become accustomed to the shaking.

Many treadmills lack shock absorption systems that reduce the shock of running on your body. Fortunately for the serious runner and walker, Horizon Fitness has developed their AirCell deck cushion system that provides firm support during intense workouts. Your joints will thank you for running on a surface that is smooth, consistent, and greatly reduces the jarring they would normally take. Comfortable runners go harder, longer, and faster.

Horizon Fitness has included 18 fitness programs that help target specific goals. The weight loss program is amazing! Especially if used in tandem with the heart rate control feature that automatically adjusts the intensity of a workout to keep your heart pumping at an ideal rate for weight loss. There are also programs for improving cardiovascular endurance and warming up.

Two really cool pack ins are the built in MP3 player and cooling fans. I love listening to music when I’m running and walking. It passes the time faster and allows my mind to drift so I don’t think too much about how my body is tired and exhausted. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I’m not a treadmill fan kind of guy, but I like that Horizon Fitness has given me the option of using or not using a fan.

I do have a couple complaints about the Horizon T84 Treadmill. First, the running area could have been a little bigger. The running area is 20” x 55” and it would have been nice to see a 22” x 60” deck. The Bowflex Series 7 comes close to this spec, and if you’re over 6’1” it’s probably a bigger deal. Choose accordingly. I would also like to see a longer warranty. Two years parts and labor would have been perfect for the Horizon T84. All in all, this is still a solid treadmill and if it fits your budget, you’ll be more than satisfied.

No comments: