Treadmill Reviews, Elliptical Trainer Reviews, Home Gym Reviews, and other fitness equipment reviews from an industry insider.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Merit 720T Treadmill Review

Merit 720T TreadmillMerit 720T Treadmill Review
Merit 720T Treadmill Rating: 4.5 stars out of 5
Price: $499.99
Good morning!

It's been a while since my last review. I got the flu last week and I couldn't really type. It's okay because I'm back fresh new reviews. After reviewing my queue I have decided to review the merit 720T I've decided to review another low cost treadmill because I saw gas prices creeping near four dollars a gallon yesterday. We’re all looking for ways to save money and I thought this would be an excellent way to help save my readers money and still get a quality treadmill.

I mentioned this in my 710T review but I'll mention it again. Merit treadmills are manufactured by Horizon Fitness, one of my favorite fitness equipment companies. Unfortunately Horizon Fitness decided to play numbers games with the Merit treadmill line and include continuous duty horsepower and peak horsepower. I'm always disappointed with a company that decides to play numbers games with their specifications, it just seems like they're trying to hide something. Despite this, horizon fitness has managed to manufacture a decent treadmill for under $500.

The Merit 720T Treadmill is the best treadmill under $600. I'm not going to lie to you and say that this treadmill and withstand abuse from users is heavy as 300 pounds, but considering the price the best treadmill on the market. The Merit 720T Treadmill has a maximum speed of about 10 mph; heavier users above 250 pounds will probably experience belt slippage at higher speeds but walking should be fine for most users.

One of the things that surprises me about the treadmill and it's cheap is the running area. Most treadmills, even treadmills several hundred dollars more expensive than the 720 t have smaller running areas. The running area is one of the reasons I feel comfortable offering this treadmill to my loyal readers

Before I tell my readers to buy this treadmill I just one note that the warranty is a little short. I would like to see six month to a year long labor warranty, but you can't get everything you want. Despite the warranty this is still one of the better treadmills under $500. If you're bargain shopper ensure you'll be happy with this purchase just don't expect strength for the Los Angeles Marathon the Merit 720T Treadmill.

No comments: